Quintessential

Quintessential
The classic, quintessential England.

Thursday, December 13, 2012

You Can...

I was sitting here going through my pinterest account, something I do far too often, and I was looking through a few specific boards..."God is Good!" "Dance" and "Photography" and I looked through them in that order. You are probably wondering why I am saying all of this, or what my point is...well I will tell you.

As I was searching for a new desktop for my computer in the God is Good category (I wanted to find an inspiring background) I saved several images with verses on them, all verses I needed to be reminded of like... (these are not written exactly like they are in the Bible, reference the Bible for the most accurate wording)

  • Take heart I have overcome the world - John 16:33
  • Come to me all who are weary and heavy burden, I will give them rest - Matthew 11:28
  • I have loved you with an everlasting love - Jeremiah 31:3
  • Fix your eyes on what is unseen not what is seen because what is seen does not last - 2 Corinthians 4:18
  • Find rest, oh my soul, in God alone - Psalm 62:5
  • Under his wings you will find refuge - Psalm 91:4
Simple, beautiful scriptures like that...but I wasn't satisfied, so I looked through my dance board to see if there was an image there that I liked better...that board just made me upset because I quit trying in dance when I had the most potential...I let words and actions from the people around me bring me down...and I gave it all up (I still continued to dance, just stopped trying and moving forward). That board brought pain to my heart so I went to my photography board because there are some beautiful images in there and I thought surely that can suffice as a new desktop. But I still felt empty and realized that I keep running from all of this when all I need is God, He and He alone! That is it!

It doesn't matter who tore me down in the past, or who is tearing me down now. He is ENOUGH. Don't ever let anyone tell you that you are not good enough or that you can't do something because they are wrong. You can do it, you may not deserve your dreams because no one does, we are all sinners but God has grace and he wants to make our dreams come true! So dream and dream big! Nothing will ever change or happen in life if you don't start with a dream!

Fallow your heart! and Take heart because [He] has over come the world! (that is the desktop I chose)

Of course it is happening inside your head, but why should that mean it isn't real?
-Carlie J

No comments:

Post a Comment